August 22, 2014
Vegetable Florets with Cheddar Sauce (Print this Recipe)
Add some zip to your vegetables with cheddar sauce.
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
* 2 cups (6 oz.) cauliflower florets
* 2 cups (6 oz.) broccoli florets
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
* 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1/2 cup (2 oz.) cheddar cheese, shredded
* 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
PLACE cauliflower, broccoli and water in large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; remove vegetables from saucepan.
MELT margarine in same saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Add evaporated milk; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in mushrooms; remove from heat. Stir in cauliflower and broccoli.
Yields 4 side-dish servings
Brought to you by:
|Euchee Creek is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2014 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|