April 23, 2014
Grilled Alaska Seafood Salad (Print this Recipe)
Pieces of grilled salmon and cod are tossed with fresh vegetables and salad greens for a light and healthy meal or starter. Serve with crispy bread sticks.
Preparation Time - 15 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 minutes
Refrigerating Time - 20 minutes
* 2 (4-oz. ea) Alaska salmon steaks or fillets, thawed if necessary
* 2 (4-oz.ea) Alaska cod fillets, thawed if necessary
* 1/4 cup bottled Italian or oil and vinegar dressing
* 3 tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 cup sliced carrots
* 3 yellow summer squash, cut into 3-inch long narrow strips
* 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
* 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
* 1 package (10-oz.) ready-to-eat mixed salad greens
HEAT grill. Brush both sides of salmon steaks for fillet and cod fillets with dressing and place on medium-hot grill 5 to 6 inches from heat. Cook 5 minutes. Turn carefully and continue to grill 5 to 6 minutes more, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove to platter, cover loosely with foil, and refrigerate until cold. Prepare fresh vegetables.
WHEN salmon and cod have chilled, remove from refrigerator and break into bite-sized chunks with a fork. In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together vegetables and seafood chunks.
ARRANGE mixed greens evenly on a 12-inch serving plate. Spoon combined fish and vegetables into center of salad mixture. Drizzle with Italian dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
VARIATION: Use other seafood such as shelled crab, halibut or surimi seafood in place of salmon and cod.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
|Euchee Creek is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2014 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|