March 7, 2014
Taco Macaroni Skillet (Print this Recipe)
This creamy beef and noodle dish is perked up with green chiles, taco seasoning and tomatoes. Just add corn bread and green beans to complete the meal.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 25 minutes
Standing Time - 5 minutes
* 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
* 2 cups water
* 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes in juice, undrained
* 1 can (4 oz.) ORTEGA Diced Green Chiles
* 1 package (1.25 oz.) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular
* 1 1/2 cups dried elbow macaroni
* 2/3 cup CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
COOK beef in a large skillet, stirring frequently, until brown; drain. Stir in water, tomatoes with juice, chiles and seasoning mix. Cook until mixture comes to a boil.
ADD pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 14 to 16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
STIR in evaporated milk. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover; let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
|Euchee Creek is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2014 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|