June 19, 2013
Zesty Chicken and Rice Casserole (Print this Recipe)
This casserole is the perfect comfort food. It comes together quickly and will satisfy the whole family.
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 60 minutes
* 2 cups water
* 3 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
* 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat (about 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves)
* 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeņos, shredded
* 1 can (12 fluid ounces) CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
* 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole dish.
BRING water and bouillon to a boil in medium saucepan. Add rice and butter; cover. Reduce heat to low; cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is almost tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
COMBINE prepared rice, chicken, cheese, evaporated milk, onion, eggs and cilantro in prepared casserole; stir well.
BAKE for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden.
Serving Size: 4
Brought to you by:
|Euchee Creek is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2013 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|