December 9, 2013
Potato Bacon Casserole (Print this Recipe)
Tender hash browns and succulent bacon pieces are at the heart of this hearty potato dish. A crowd-pleaser at brunch or any meal.
Preparation Time - 10 minutes.
Cooking Time - 60 minutes.
* 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
* 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
* 8 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
* 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 can (12 fl. oz.) * CARNATION Evaporated Milk
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
* 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
LAYER 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2 cheese in prepared baking dish; repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture; cover.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Yields 6 servings
Brought to you by:
|Euchee Creek is compliments of:|
|© 2001-2013 Connecting Neighbors® and its licensors. All rights reserved.||About Us | Site Disclaimer | Privacy Pledge | Site Manager|